The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin


The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry is everything I didn't know I needed. Fikry is a book about books and the people who love them. It's got humor and romance and mystery and coziness and book clubs. It's got references to great works of literature and great television shows. The story is told in snapshots, with each chapter covering a significant moment in A.J.'s life, and while I wished that some characters (like Ismay) were a little more fleshed out, I marveled at the way Gabrielle Zevin was able to develop complex characters in such a short span of time. I fell hard and fast for this story and didn't come up for air until it was over. Was buying this book the best 25 cents I've spent all year? Absolutely. Do I need recommendations for more books about books? Most definitely.

Comments

Popular Posts