The Great Pretender by Susannah Cahalan



I wanted to love this book. I wanted to fly through the pages in a day, as I did with Susannah Cahalan's debut, Brain on Fire. I was intrigued the premise, but there was just something about the execution of The Great Pretender that didn't work for me. I read a review where someone said that the most interesting part of the book was the jacket description - and I have to say that based on the nine chapters I've read, I agree. I'm not saying I'll never finish reading this book, just that I don't currently have the patience to do so. I rarely DNF books, and it pains me to do it, especially when this was such a highly anticipated read, but I have so little time in this season of my life that if I'm not 100% invested in a book, it's backburnered. If you've read The Great Pretender, I'd love to hear your opinions (positive and negative!) about it and whether you think it's worth pursuing.

Comments

Popular Posts