CELEBRATORY FRENCH FRIES: Week 1&2 Wrap Up ⠀


🍟⠀
Weekly wrap-ups are something that I used to do when I blogged, and I'm bringing them back! It's fun to look back and be reminded of what was going on in my personal life as well as what I was reading. This week was my first back to work after the holiday and the last week of instruction before exams begin. It's a time where teachers and students are counting the days and minutes until we cross the finish line. My coworkers and I had french fries to commemorate the occasion, naturally. But there's a dissonance that occurs as relief that we are "done" with these particular classes clashes with an anxiety about what the new semester will bring, as we finish grading for these students while simultaneously planning for the next ones. It's an interesting space to navigate. I returned Thunderhead and How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents to my library unread - I just didn't have time to get to them over the break, and I've got too many other books I've committed to reading in January. I'm making progress on Les Mis and Girl Sleuth, and I'm hoping to start Where the Crawdads Sing (my IRL book club pick) soon! Tell me about your week. What are you reading? What good news/progress/achievement in your life deserves celebratory fries? ⠀
🍟

Comments

Popular Posts